The leaves have changed, the air is more crisp, which means colder weather, shorter days but no matter the weather our family loves to find different ways to make time for play. It's so easy to get wrapped into all the holiday activities, but our family believes in the magic of outdoor play. The season may get busy, but you can never be too busy for play. Playgrounds are free play as well, and what is better than free?!?!
The weather changing never means staying indoors for us! We always make time to get outside weekly, and because of that my boys do not mind being out in the cold. They are pretty active, and would much rather being outside versus watching TV as a result. Never be afraid to be a little cold! To make it even better, we like to invite friends along with us. The more the merrier!
IPEMA's Voice of Play website highlights the scientifically proven physical, social, emotional and cognitive benefits of play. Here are some of the benefits of play that they listed:
- Self confidence & self esteem
- Encourages being social
- Release of emotions
- Brain and skill development
Here are a few ways to sneak in outdoors play:
- Visit a playground weekly! Even if it is just 30 minutes, it makes a world of difference.
- Go for a nature walk. Make little scavenger hunt sheets to encourage exploring!
- Go for a neighborhood walk.
- Visit a zoo, or a recreational park. As long as you bundle up you can still have fun, plus being active definitely warms you up!
This post is sponsored by the Voice of Play.
The post is brought to you by Activate by Bloglovin and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.